Information Collected at www.napervilleareahumanesociety.org?
The information we collect from NAHS Members, visitors and users of our web site allows us to personalize and continually improve your online experience, making it easier and more enjoyable. The following identifies the types of information we gather:
* Automatic Information
* Information You Give Us
We receive and may store any information you enter on our web site or give us in any other way. At times, we specifically ask for information about you when you register for or to use certain services, when you order a product, or when you join the NAHS. We may require certain information -- such as name, Internet address or screen name, billing address, credit card number, etc -- in order to provide that service or product to you.
* Information from Other Sources
For reasons such as improving the personalization of our service, we might receive/collect information about you from other sources and use it to supplement account information.
Does NAHS Share the Information It Receives/Collects?
* NAHS may share your personal information with its affiliates and/or subsidiaries, if any. NAHS may also share the information we collect with NAHS' advertisers and business partners. NAHS is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of our advertisers or business partners and encourages you to read the posted privacy statement and user terms and conditions whenever interacting with, and prior to providing any personal information to, any other web site.
* NAHS may use reputable third parties to manage activities available on our web sites such as web hosting, database management and order processing, and authentication. These parties may have access to personally identifiable information submitted by Members who participate in those activities. NAHS instructs these third parties to use personally identifiable information only for the specific purpose for which it is collected, and not to sell, market or transfer such information to other entities except as needed to provide the designated services.
* NAHS may post and display certain personally identifiable information about its Members
on our web site.
* NAHS may use personally identifiable information in aggregate form to make our web site better and more responsive to the needs of our users and Members. This statistical compilation and analysis of information may also be used by NAHS or be provided to others, in aggregate, for marketing, advertising or research purposes.
* In the event that NAHS, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired or otherwise transferred to another entity, member information will be one of the transferred assets.
* We release account and other personal information when we believe its release is appropriate to comply with any law; or protect the rights, property, or safety of NAHS, our Members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
* If at any time after submitting your personal information to our web site you decide that you do not want to receive additional promotional or marketing information from us, simply follow the "Opt-Out" procedures detailed below.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
NAHS maintains appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personally identifiable information submitted to our web site, and periodically reviews and updates its security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although NAHS strives to
protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, however, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. When credit card information is transmitted, industry standard encryption is used.
NAHS is concerned about the safety of children when they use the Internet. Pursuant to the Children's Online Protection Act of 1998, NAHS will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent.
Links to Third Party and/or Co-Branded Web sites
NAHS has and will continue to establish relationships with other business entities, which also may have web sites to inform or promote their products. NAHS will at times allow users visiting the NAHS web sites to link directly to these third party web sites. However, the
NAHS is not responsible for the privacy practices and content of these third party web sites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement and user terms and conditions whenever interacting with, and prior to providing any personal information to, any third party web site.
Please remember that any information you may disclose in our Member directory, forums, message boards, chats or other public areas of our web site(s) or the Internet, becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas.
NAHS provides you with several options, to be used at any time, for altering or removing your information from the NAHS contact databases. If you are on our promotional list and would like to be removed, simply contact us in any of these following ways:
* Send us an e-mail through firstname.lastname@example.org
* Call us at 630-420-8989
* Write to us at: 1620 W. Diehl Rd., Naperville, Illinois 60563
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions